The "Pilots" pages

New pages, changed pages!
Anders

The "Pilots" pages

Postby Anders » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:26 pm

Since a couple of years ago I've been considering what to do with the "Pilot" pages. There's a lot of pilots, the number has now passed 200, and we have a rather big backlog. To make things worse, the pages should ideally be updated after each new meeting. This would mean spending more time on the "Pilot" pages, rather than on the meetings.

For a while I considered getting rid of the "Pilot" pages altogether, but I thought it would be a waste. To get out of this situation I decided to try a different solution: To link the "Pilots" list to available Wikipedia pages.

If you visit the "Pilots" page now, you will still find links to the pages that we have created, but also to Wikipedia pages, either in English, or when not available, in the native language of the pilot or some other language. With the aid of automatic translation you will find a lot of information, even though the Wikipedia page might be in Hungarian or Russian. You might even be tempted to improve the Wikipedia pages!

What do you think?
/Anders

Retroplan

Re: The "Pilots" pages

Postby Retroplan » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:42 pm

Dear Anders,
I think this is a good solution, thanks for your work.
As they say, the vast is not to be grasped.
Regards,
Alexander Lukianov
Historian of Russian pioneer era and WW1 aviation (aeroclubs, airmeetings, pilots etc.)

Return to “Updates on thefirstairraces.net”